Mick,

Are you using udisks to mount/unmount devices? That might be why I have
eeze_scanner and you don't. I have no idea what rtkit even is, going to
look it up now. And for me, udev-daemon, dbus daemon and such start before
my display manager and enlightenment_start.

It might be the order of the enightenment_fm lib file.  Anyone know how I
could try and manipulate how that file gets started?