On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Will Hopper <wjhopper...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I connect to a wired network using connman on the desktop, my host
> name gets changed. Specifically, it gets a "_1" added to the end. Looking
> at the interfaces with ifconfig shows that a tun6to4 interface gets brought
> up as well as eth0. Could this be the source of the problem? I don't see
> anything in the econnman interface about ipv6, so is there any other way to
> potentially stop this from happening?

you better ask connman list or #connman irc channel at freenode.

Indeed it will configure ipv6 if it can, you can disable ipv6 in the
kernel as I do by giving the kernel a command line.

as for the hostname, it will also change if you get something from the
dhcp server, so be aware that it is a dynamic system property these
days... which breaks some stupid tools like xhost that assumes a
hostname never changes. If you have control over tools, then use the
hostnamed dbus daemon or poll() /proc/sys/kernel/hostname (requires
recent linux kernel, like <1 year or so).

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri