> AFAIK udisks and udisks2 co-exist nicely.

Fedora 20 runs both installed with no problem

> auto mount

here I had a learning curve with e. when I stick in a thumb drive the icon of
it shows on the desktop, but it only mounts when opened or right-click 'mount'
is chosen. but the full automount can be set in e settings.

I sometimes have an _unmount with specified time out_ but that can be because
of large files copying

--
//meine