On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:11:35 -0800 Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr>
wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 4:59 PM, David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 09:32:40 +0900 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
> > <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> >> Actually.. that's not a bad idea... we already have the elm_player
> >> - why not include video tutorials WITH eflete and just have them
> >> in a menu/dialog so people can just browse through without dealing
> >> with youtube ads or whatever. :) if you dont want to put them in
> >> the git and install tree - just point the player to a url
> >> guaranteed to always have the video there. (download.e.org?)
> >
> > So long as those video tutorials don't require you to copy text out
> > of them.  Why not text tutorials?  Takes up waaay less space, and
> > probably more useful to more people.
>
> Eflete is 100% graphical. There is very little text you could type,
> test it ;-)

OK, so my first sentence is irrelevant.  Still doesn't answer the
question.  Videos are harder to make, take up a huge amount of space,
and are harder to use.  I have never seen their appeal for things like
software tutorials, except that it's the TV and youtube generations,
reading is too hard.

shrugs