El 2016-02-19 05:03, Carsten Haitzler escribió:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 11:21:50 +1000 David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com>
> said:
>
>> On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:11:35 -0800 Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr>
>> wrote:

>> > Eflete is 100% graphical. There is very little text you could type,
>> > test it ;-)
>>
>> OK, so my first sentence is irrelevant.  Still doesn't answer the
>> question.  Videos are harder to make, take up a huge amount of space,
>> and are harder to use.  I have never seen their appeal for things like
>> software tutorials, except that it's the TV and youtube generations,
>> reading is too hard.
>
> that's part of the reason - reading is not done as much. it discourages
> people.
> more than 3 lines of text? tldr.
>
> but a video is far more expressive when you want to show HOW to use a
> tool -
> how to manipulate elements and what the visual results will be. far far
> far
> more expressive ANd its less work to do a screencast of editing
> something and
> showing the results than it is to do some screenshots and type it all
> up.

Actually there are still a few of us who find it a lot easier and way,
way faster to read. I find myself passing up more and more on videos as,
at a minimum, they take more time than needed to learn something. They
are usually badly paced and have the problem of being poorly adapted to
different levels. If I just need a more "advanced" or at least less used
feature explained better, I have to hunt through to find it or sit
through the basics (good time to get a cup of coffee, although it
sometimes feels more like having time to not only read War and Peace,
but to learn the Russian to be able to do it!). Just my 2 cents.