On 03/30/2017 11:40 PM, Francesc Guasch wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 09:58:18AM +1030, Simon Lees wrote:
>>

>> On 03/28/2017 09:06 PM, Francesc Guasch wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> The very first time an user starts Enlightment there
>>> are some options to choose from: language, and so.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to let the users not to have to go
>>> through this ?
>>>
>> Yes you can simply remove the ones you do not want (there are some that
>> you don't see that you do still want), there are also others like
>> language where we are working to only show them when we can't detect it
>> from the system.
>>
>> On openSUSE we remove some pages such as the one asking about taskbars
>> and ship a extended range of profiles. We also remove some others such
>> as the notification about upgrades that make no sense to us. Simply
>> remove the pages you don't require from your equivalent of
>> /usr/lib64/enlightenment/modules/wizard/linux-gnu-x86_64-ver-0.21/ When
>
> Thank you Simon, that was exactlly what I was looking for.
>
> I found a problem doing that, the wizard never ends if I
> remove the page for the "Profile Chooser".
>
> I installed Enlightenment 21 from niko2040 ppa.
> Then I removed some files from the modules directory, leaving
> only the keyboard selection and keeping the hidden ones.
> After choosing the keyboard, the user is asked to wait for
> a second. then the same keyboard dialog is shown, again and
> again.
>
> The only module that I tested that brings that error is
> page_020 : Profile Chooser. Is it really mandatory or
> should I file a bug ?

I suspect without reading the page that if you just remove it no profile
will be set. This can be  worked around in one of 2 ways, either A patch
the source code to not show the wizard (return 0 instead of 1) and to
also set a profile. Or alternatively which is probably simpler, replace
the source code for the "default" profile with that of the "standard"
profile in /usr/share/enlightenment/data/config. Note that doing so may
break parts of the profile settings within e.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30