Thank you Mick, I try that.

Raster, please respect the old men... ;)

On 07/23/2018 11:09 AM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 09:16:04 +0100 Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> said:

On Monday, 23 July 2018 07:44:29 BST Pierre Couderc wrote:
I have many problems with "big" screens (in pixels 1920x1080).
Characters are very small. It is easy to change this in e itself using
"scaling".
Yep, I suffer the same here.  They say eye sight is the second thing to go
with age ... I forget what is the first.  :-)

But I have problems with many applications, vlc,thunderbird  for
exemple. Maybe it is because I miss some freedesktop utility or settings ?
Quite likely.  GTK and QT control the size of fonts in menus for individual
applications.

I use e alone with a minimum debian system, without display manager, and
I think I miss some basic utilities. This is not a "e" question but I
need help....

Thanks

PC
You need to install they configuration utilities for GTK/QT widgets.  For
some reason they are broken on my system:

$ qtconfig
qtconfig: could not exec '/usr/lib64/qt5/bin/qtconfig': No such file or
directory
what you said (above). these are specific to each toolkit and some apps wont
even respond to these (chromium for example wont be affected by qt or gtk
config - it does its own thing entirely).