On 18/09/2018 23:59, Mick wrote:
> On Tuesday, 18 September 2018 11:27:35 BST sergio wrote:
>> On 18/09/2018 11:31, Mick wrote:
>>> Where are QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME and QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE specified outside the
>>> GUI?  In ~/.bashrc?  Where could they be set for system wide settings?
>>
>> QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE is not specified.
>>
>> QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME is from /etc/X11/Xsession.d/99qt5ct, which rewrites
>> nothing, and just adds:
>
> OK, this file is not installed in gentoo.
>
>> moreover, there is ~/.xsession for user settings
>
> I tried unsetting $QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE in ~.xsession, but I still got gtk2.
> Then, set it to a blank value using e's Settings/Advanced/Environment
> Variables and this time it took.  However, I'm still no closer to having KDE
> applications launching with QT themes and icons, unless I launch them from
> within urxvt.

Setting it from enlightenment's environment variable section should
work, the way its implemented at the moment is the least worst way we
could come up with to not have all users Qt apps broken by default.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30