Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [e-users] enlightenment make smaller emacs every operation
  Date & Time: Tue, 5 May 2020 16:54:52 +0100

[CH] == Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> has written:

CH>  On Wed, 06 May 2020 00:45:06 +0900 Masaru Nomiya <nom...@galaxy.dti.ne.jp>
said:

[...]
MN> > No, no, I asked your style of eating.
MN> >
MN> > The newspaper told me, the scenery in the Ramen shop are quite
MN> > diffrent from in Japan. I could understand this difference right
MN> > away. v(^o^)

CH>  Style of eating? Jus a bowl, some ohashi (japanese with the pointy ends)
and
CH>  chrirenge to scoup out the soup... I don't care where I am or
CH>  what the place is looks like, as long as the Ramen are oishii :)
CH>  That's what I care about...

Japanese people slurp Ramen, and Chinese people bitterly slurp, but
English people eat without making noise.

These are the style of eating, just typifying the difference of
thinking about table manners.

Anyway, I'm wondering why Ramen.

Because, English friends of mine are so keen on pork fillet cutlet,
that is トンカツ.
They talk about トンカツ, even now.

Certainly, we couldn't get the key item for トンカツ, bread crumb.
But, my wife served トンカツ with making bread crumb by herself.

[...]
CH> > 4 years!

CH> > I know your lived area well, because I lived near there for a long
CH> > time.

CH>  Oh. Awesome. Then you know how many great ramen places can be found in the
CH>  Shinjuku and surrounding area. I also have fond memories of Moyan Curry and
CH>  FuFute BBQ - also this great sukiyaki place just near Yodobashi in Nishi
CH>  Shinjuku... :)

AFAIK, you are an exception.
So far as I know, English people usually don't talk about foods much.
So, I was thinking, the English people have no interest in foods.

CH>  Where In Japan are you? :)

MN> > I live in Yokohama, close to Kamakura. It's a little bit inconveniently
MN> > situated.
MN> > Maybe, you had been to Kamakura.

CH>  Oh Kamakura! Yes. I've been there. The buddah and temple
CH>  there. :) It's a cute little seaside town. Totally different from
CH>  Tokyo.

I can go to Kamakura on foot about an hour and a half.
But, I prefer Kyoto.

Regards,

---
┏━━┓彡 Masaru Nomiya             mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp