Hi folks! I am a happy user of e24.1 I seem to  have issues with
application icons showing up in the menu and window titles. Specific
applications like Firefox and emacs have missing icons, but icons that
are part of  the  hicolor pack show up fine. I have made sure  that my
$XDG_DATA_DIRS points to a location containing my icons. In this case
they are in  /run/current-system/sw/share/icons/hicolor/ This
directory is part of my search path
$XDG_DATA_DIRS=/nix/store/mip8jx89p9h8dixngwhhcwnhxvs5a0rv-enlightenment-0.24.1/share/enlightenment:/nix/store/mip8jx89p9h8dixngwhhcwnhxvs5a0rv-enlightenment-0.24.1/share:/home/mbagnara/.nix-profile/share:/etc/profiles/per-user/mbagnara/share:/nix/var/nix/profiles/default/share:/run/current-system/sw/share.
I have tried setting the path also in the Icons Search Path Settings
under the enlightenment settings. I have restarted E and tried
creating fresh users and I still cannot seem to display application
icons.

Many thanks!