On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 12:15:23 +0900 Masaru Nomiya <nom...@galaxy.dti.ne.jp> said:

> Hello,
>
> In the Message;
>
>   Subject    : Re: [e-users] How to prevent the sudden appear of screenshot
> panel Message-ID : <20210809191902.63f6da8ac899ae5c2be5a...@rasterman.com>
>   Date & Time: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 19:19:02 +0100
>
> [CH] == Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> has written:
>
> CH>  On Mon, 09 Aug 2021 22:57:50 +0900 Masaru Nomiya
> CH> <nom...@galaxy.dti.ne.jp> said:
>
> MN> > Often, the screenshot panel (which says, 'Select action to take with
> MN> > screenshot') appears, which brings with disabling the keyboard input.
> MN> > In this case, I must do 'taking out and putting in' of USB connection
> MN> > of my keyboard.
>
> CH>  That ... has nothing to do with keyboard input other than regular
> CH>  focus policy that window may be becoming focused as it's a new
> CH>  window.
>
> MN> > I can't dig out the cause of this phenomenon, but it's really
> MN> > annoying.
>
> MN> > Could you inform me of the avoiding method?
>
> CH>  Remove bindings? Probably you are pressing "PrintScr" (print screen)
> CH> which is bound to take screenshots by default. that's the only key bound
> CH> to this. otherwise it's in e's main menu and the window menu for app
> CH> windows to select there.
>
> I doubted the key binding, but I don't think so.
>
> As I assigning the screenshot function to the print screen key.
>
> I'm observing the phenomenon closely, but I couldn't the regukarity,
> rather it occures randomly.
>
> In many case, I get it when using emacs for file editting operations.
>
> I build emacs with this options;
>
> ./configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xim --prefix=/usr/local
> --without-sound --build=x86_64-openSUSE-linux-gnu
> --host=x86_64-openSUSE-linux-gnu --with-modules --with-mailutils
> --without-libsystemd --with-gconf --with-imagemagick --with-harfbuzz
> --with-json --with-xwidgets
>
> Any hint?

No - other than they key binding or navigating through the menus both byt
either doing that action or perhaps faking a key press in software... that's
the only path/way to get the screenshot to appear (or adding bindings for other
keys that also do a screenshot. example:

http://www.enlightenment.org/ss/e-61137c2a3c3351.69765578.jpg

(that's the printscreen key binding).

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com