Hello,

Sorry for late reply.

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [e-users] Regading latest enlightenment & efl
  Date & Time: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 16:49:27 +0000

[CH] == Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> has written:

said:

CH>  1. top shouldn't be ignored... unless it conflicts with other options
CH>  (remembers, keeping windows in the visible area of the screen
CH>  etc.). You almost definitely should not be configuring this stuff
CH>  in emacs anyway as this cannot account for screen resolution and
CH>  size changes, scaling changes, dynamic hot plug of screens and so
CH>  on. you should definitely use e's remembers for this. it will
CH>  remember window parameters like size, position etc. relative to
CH>  screen, virtual desktop and so on and properly handle changes to
CH>  these like screen resolution changes and so on.

Thanks.
I set it, but only the height doesn't work with the memory function.

So, I wrote in .emacs;

 (if (boundp 'window-system)
     (setq initial-frame-alist
           (append (list
                    ;;'(font . "fontset-16")
                   '(foreground-color . "green3")
                    '(background-color . "black")
                    '(border-color     . "gray")
                    '(mouse-color      . "white")
                    '(cursor-color     . "Blue")
                    '(cursor-type      . box)
                    '(menu-bar-lines . 1)
                    '(vertical-scroll-bars . right)
                    '(height . 51)
                    )

CH>  2. i don't know what causes this - is it really black or
CH>  backlight is just very low/off? there is also it seems at least
CH>  some kind of bug in the vmware driver where if e also opens input
CH>  devices the xorg side driver will have lots of double displaying
CH>  anything to the screen (at the driver end - e renders,
CH>  screenshotting the results works. xrandr shows everything
CH>  configured right - just nothing gets shown on screen. perhaps you
CH>  suffer from this? you can disable the gesture support in e sat
CH>  compile time in meson options and see if it changes anything?

I get the just black screen, not a blacklight.
Now, I encounter this phenomenon at least once every two times.

I thought there were no logs, but they were recorded;

1. normal case.

[...]
@ match screens 0x2bb8a70[0] = 0 0 3840x2160 -- 0
@ matches existing zone 0x257b450
   move resize 0 0 3840x2160 -> 0 0 3840x2160
RRR: New unconfigured screen on DVI-D-0
RRR: New unconfigured screen on HDMI-0
RRR: New unconfigured screen on DP-0
RRR: New unconfigured screen on DP-1
DEV: CHANGES ... have 18 devices, changed=1
DEV: change [MX Vertical Mouse] [libinput Middle Emulation Enabled] -> 1
DEV: CHANGES ... have 18 devices, changed=0
DEV: CHANGES ... have 18 devices, changed=0

2. Problematic cases

[...]
@ match screens 0x1b76150[0] = 0 0 3840x2160 -- 0
@ matches existing zone 0x1c24a00
   move resize 0 0 3840x2160 -> 0 0 3840x2160
RRR: New unconfigured screen on DVI-D-0
RRR: New unconfigured screen on HDMI-0
RRR: New unconfigured screen on DP-0
RRR: New unconfigured screen on DP-1
PAUSE !
DEV: CHANGES ... have 18 devices, changed=1
DEV: change [MX Vertical Mouse] [libinput Middle Emulation Enabled] -> 1
DEV: CHANGES ... have 18 devices, changed=0
DEV: CHANGES ... have 18 devices, changed=0
DEV: CHANGES ... have 18 devices, changed=0
X I/O Error - fatal. Exiting  <-- this means Ctrl+Alt+Backsopace keys
                                 operarion

That is, after login operation;

1. get the log in sound? (<-- I used to think it was an easter egg,
  but lately I think it's turned into a login sound!)

2. But, the enlightenment logo does not appear and the mouse does not
  respond.

then, I press Ctrl+Alt+Backspace keys, and do login operation.

I doubted the bluetooth mouse, so replaced it with another bluetooth
mouse, or usb mouse, but there were no effect.

Any idea?

Thanks.

---
┏━━┓彡 Masaru Nomiya             mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛ "Three young men died for Rationalization.
           Yet, Margaret Bloody Thatcher LIVES!"
                                            'Brassed Off'