Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [e-users] I might have found the solution to the black
screen issue.
  Date & Time: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 15:30:42 +0100

[CH] == Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> has written:

CH>  On Wed, 03 Aug 2022 22:49:20 +0900 Masaru Nomiya <nom...@galaxy.dti.ne.jp>
said:

[...]
MN> > Xorg server crashed?

CH>  that's what it looks like. X I/O fatal error is e's x connection being
killed
CH>  off. that is most likely because the Xserver crashed. check your X logs. it
CH>  might bein the Xorg.0.log.old - also double check Xorg.1.log - maybe your
CH>  display manager runs 2 xservers. i have seen this with gdm these days i
think,
CH>  so display is :1 not :0.

MN> > --- enlightenment.desktop.orig 2022-08-03 10:28:09.525158438 +0900
MN> > +++ enlightenment.desktop 2022-08-03 10:28:35.249074546 +0900
MN> > @@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
MN> >  [Desktop Entry] -Type=Application
MN> > -Type=Application
MN> > +Type=XSession
MN> >  Name=Enlightenment
MN> >  Name[ca]=Enlightenment
MN> >  Name[de]=Enlightenment
MN> >  Name[de]=Enlightenment

MN>  > So far, this seems to have solved the black screen problem.

CH>  WTF? That has never been a requirement. Type=Application has
CH>  always worked and no one has every defined that it MUST be of
CH>  Type=XSession ...

Thanks.

You gave me a big hint.

Come to think of it, my problem started when I moved to opensuse
Tumbleweed and started using efl & enlightenment in the openSUSE build.

So I downloaded the enlightenment-0.25.3-269.5.src.rpm from the
openSUSE site, built & installed, then shutdown & rebooted many times,
no problem. Of course, I did not rewrite the "enlightenment.desktop"
file.

To my surprise, the file contents are different.

For example, when I install an openSUSE build, enlightenment asks me
to change the system.conf, but the one I built at hand has a
system.conf that matches enlightenment's requirements..... (_ _?

Anyway, there are some questions about the wayland handling in the
openSUSE built, so I built and installed efl and enlightenment without
wayland, and they works fine for me now.

Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡 Masaru Nomiya             mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡