Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [e-users] I might have found the solution to the black
screen issue.
  Date & Time: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 23:40:33 +0930

[SL] == Simon Lees <sfl...@suse.de> has written:

[...]
SL>  Feel free to ask those questions here, I look after those and still keep
SL>  an eye on this list.

Many thanks.

SL>  In terms of system.conf we were disabling some modules that aren't used
SL>  on systemd systems to reduce the security footprint, but then we stopped
SL>  having a "users" group on new systems so it had to be changed, openqa
SL>  seems to be telling me this is working again  but if its not right let
SL>  me know which repo so I can fix it.

Sorry, I didn't check enough.

As you know, system.conf included in the
enlightenment-0.25.3-269.5.src.rpm, it is set as fllows;

[...]
# deny everyone else by default
user:     *         deny:  *

should be changed to 'allow'.

SL>  Similarly at one point in some repos there was a bug where a wayland
SL>  enlightenment.desktop file was being installed which gdm will pick over
SL>  the X11 one, as far as I know this should be fixed, so that the default
SL>  option with enlightenment.desktop is X11 but there is now an
SL>  enlightenment-wayland.desktop file that is also installed which is
SL>  labeled in gdm as experimental again if this was missed in a  repo
SL>  please let me know where (its a 2 line fix).

Those I am referring to as the openSUSE build is located at;

https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Enlightenment:/Factory/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/

SL>  enlightenment-wayland.desktop file that is also installed which is
SL>  labeled in gdm as experimental again [...]

It is as you say with sddm, too.

In gdm, I can log in by entering my password, but in sddm, two
enlightenment items appear in the menu, and I have to select the lower
one and enter my password before I can log in.

I don't understand why two enlightenment items appear when there is
only one enlightenment.desktop in /usr/share/xsessions.

I have a basic question.

I can't figure out why Tumbleweed gives me

  %define enable_wayland 1

when it is written

# Wayland is broken with current efl waiting for a new e release

as the comments.

I have no intention to change to nouveau and I will not move to
Wayland because of it. I think Wayland itself is just experimetal.

Or does Tumbleweed have the requirements for enable_wayland?

Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡  Masaru Nomiya                   mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛  "Tim Cook, the C.E.O. of Apple, said earlier this year that he would
           not let his nephew join social networks.
           Bill Gates banned cellphone until his children were teenagers, and
           Melinda Gates wrote that she wished they had waited even longer.
           Steve Jobs would not let his young children near iPads."
                                                      -- The New York Times --