Guess I should expand a little on my topic.

We are a one-to-one Mac district, with some 2000 devices. Multiple grade levels
are permitted to take their MacBook Airs home with them during the school year.

We use a configuration profile to route ALL their traffic through a Proxy
Appliance on our network and for the most part, it works great.

I discovered two days ago however, that making one single change to the Firefox
network settings will allow them to completely bypass all our filters. And I
freaked. As I need to.

Overnight, I invested some time into using the Firefox ESR in combination with
the CCK2 option and have created an altered bundle to distribute that at this
moment, has all the network settings locked out and prevents users from
changing them.

I will begin testing this today and if my results are good, I will pass this
new version out in a policy to the remainder of the student body.

I want to thank all those who responded. Without some of the reading I found
there, I would not have hit upon the CCK2 option. Thank you for all your time!