If the students have physical possession of the MacBooks, and also
"unlimited" time with them at home, some clever student might still be
able to bypass your restrictions. It's very much harder to secure a
computer not under your physical control.

Can they install software? Is it possible to boot Linux from a CD or
other external device? Is it possible to plug the MacBook's hard disk
into a different computer and modify some files on it? Is the proxy
server only accessible from offsite via an encrypted connection (like a
VPN) or could somebody interpose a NAT computer to masquerade as your
proxy server?

Finally, for a Macbook to have remote access to the school proxy
server, there is presumably infrastructure at the home to provide the
connectivity. This would imply that the student has access to computers
or smartphones at home which can be used to access whatever is desired
on the Internet. So why do these Macbooks *need* to connect only
through your proxy server, even when the student is at home?

Paul Kosinski