This is an update on the very strange problem we have with Firefox ESR
and Xvnc on Linux.

Running the latest Firefox ESR (52.3.0) on Linux is fine when used in a
standard Xorg window (on the machine running Firefox). BUT, if the same
configuration is started using Xvnc (for secure remote access to a single
Firefox window -- and nothing else), NONE of the control "drop-downs"
work, while everything else works as expected.

When I say none of the control drop-downs work, I mean those that are
built-in, such as: the traditional "File Edit View ..." menu, right
clicking on a toolbar to customize, any *group* of Bookmarks (single
Bookmarks work), the Back and Forward buttons (when you keep them
pressed, nothing happens), and add-on provided drop-downs (NoScript
options, in particular). Also, things like Alt-F (to get the File menu
drop-down) don't work.

HTML created drop-downs within Web pages (like combo boxes) DO work,
however.

This misbehavior occurs no matter if vncviewer is used from Linux or
the TightVNC viewer is used from Windows.

Any help in tracking this down would be appreciated.

Paul Kosinski

P.S. My previous posting on this was incomplete, as I had only noticed
that the "File Edit ..." menu and the NoScript options drop-down in that
same toolbar didn't work.