On 2017-12-20 at 18:52, Paul Kosinski wrote:

> I agree totally!
>
> I'm a retired computer scientist / software engineer who
> "administers" a very small number of computers on our home LAN.
>
> I was dismayed by the UI changes a couple of years ago, and am even
> more disturbed by the upcoming removal of XUL, which will make
> things like Classic Theme Restorer impossible.

For CTR itself, some aspects of its functionality seem to be being
provided (by, from what I can tell, the previous CTR maintainer) in the
form of CSS intended to go into userChrome.css:

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx

For myself, I still need at least two other addons (one abandoned, the
other maintained only by me) which make UI-related changes, so that
project isn't enough to let me move forwards - but it still may be
helpful for other people.

--
   The Wanderer