Good morning,
  We are currently getting ready for a deployment of ESR 60.0.2 but are
having difficulty with setting the default homepage for new users and
disabling the Privacy Notice.  We don't want to use Group Policy for these
settings, as we want to use the autoconfig file for this.

  We are using an autoconfig policy on our Windows 7 and Windows 10 systems
that we know is working, as most of the preferences we are setting through
the autoconfig are applying correctly.

  The only issue we are having trouble with is that the default homepage is
not being set correctly with the autoconfig for any new users on a
workstation (we want existing users to keep the settings they have in place
when the upgrade is completed).  Please find below our current autoconfig
file and let me know what needs to be modified in order to set a default
homepage, still allowing users to modify the homepage to that of their
choosing.  Right now, we get a blank homepage when a new user logs in, as
well as another tab with the Privacy Notice.

  We also would like to not have the Privacy Notice appear for new users,
as some people will be confused with what this is and call our helpdesk
about it.

  Thanks in advance for the assistance.

*Business_Configuration.cfg*
//  First line commented out

pref("browser.download.useDownloadDir", false);
pref("browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser", false);
defaultPref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.pcom.edu";);
defautlPref("browser.startup.home", "http://www.pcom.edu";);
pref("browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone", "ignore");
pref("browser.rights.3.shown", true);
pref("toolkit.telemetry.prompted", 2);
pref("toolkit.telemetry.rejected", true);
pref("signon.rememberSignons", false);
lockPref("app.update.enabled", false);
lockPref("app.update.auto", false);

--

Jon Pentecost
Infrastructure Analyst

[image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/Philadelphia-College-of-Osteopathic-Medicine-97289578558/>[image:
Twitter]  <https://twitter.com/pcomeducation>[image: YouTube]
<https://www.youtube.com/user/PCOMeducation>[image: Instagram]
<https://www.instagram.com/pcomeducation/>[image: Linkedin]
<https://www.linkedin.com/edu/school?id=19295>

--
PCOM provides email capability to all students, faculty, staff, and
administration.  All emails and attached files transmitted between and