Not sure this is related (as it's not Firefox specific), but I often
have trouble with VNC connecting to a Linux session (both KDE and XFCE).

Typically, if I go away from the VNC viewer window and come back, some
keys don't behave properly. It's as if the virtual key on the target
machine got stuck in Alt and/or Ctrl state. Usually, pressing Alt and
Ctrl in the viewer window straightens it out.