Hello,

> To clarify, loading them directly into <FF/TB install>/extensions is
> going away, and the "as normal extensions" deployment means loading into
> distribution/extensions, where they are copied into and then run from
> the user profile?

If I understand the blog post correctly, it is "yes".

As the result version lock and controlling of update timing about addons
installed in this way (or via GPO) become virtually impossible.
Sideloaded addons can be updated by simple replacing of installed files.
On the other hand, updating of addons installed into user profiles can
be done only via the auto update. (It is painful for the system
administrator that replacing all files placed under each user profile.)

Otherwise, I think we need to distribute addon packages with custom
update URL for each case. If the addon is a public addon, you look to
need to repack it with custom ID and custom update URL.

https://extensionworkshop.com/documentation/manage/updating-your-extension/

I'm not a system administrator on a company but a support vendor for
enterprise customers and I provided different versions for each ESR68
customer as sideloaded addons. Thus I think I must provide repacked XPIs
for each customer on the next ESR...

下田 洋志 <SHIMODA Hiroshi>
E-mail: shim...@clear-code.com

株式会社クリアコード