From: Zoran  Stanic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: California blackouts and conservation
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:27:11 +0100

Dear Adam and Patrick,

The issue of sustainability and restructuring of energy markets raised by
you is of great interest to me, and I beleive of LEAD in general. I am LEAD
Fellow, Europe C7, and environment and development coordinator of Croatian
Electric Utility HEP dealing with wide range of corporate  energy planning
and environmental management issues.

I am starting my PhD disertation which I beleive is closely linked to your
interests. Working titile is "Sustainable Energy Development of Deregulated
Electricty Markets".
The title and the scope will subsequently be sharpened down but at the
moment some enviseged elements of PhD program are:

development of set of long term energy scenarios, up to 2050., for Europe
and Croatia
analysis of scenarios from environmental perspective
analysis from the point of market development and the reform of power supply
sector
developemt of sustainability criteria for electricity sector development and
the methodology for the checking of these criteria on the electricity market
model
testing methodology and criteria on various models of electricity markets
defining optimal model from the sustainabilty point of view for Croatian
power supply system

I hope this might be of interest to you and broader LEAD public and would
appreciate relevant opinions very much. The theme is very broad and new for
Croatia and there is neither literature or experience available. Therefore,
I would be the most greatful if you could point me out/provide to relevant
experiences and sources of information (books, articles, websites) and
knowledgable individuals. I would be also interested in any other form of
cooperation.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Mr Zoran Stanic, MEM, EE
Environmental Development Coordinator
Hrvatska Elektroprivreda - HEP
Development Department

UL. grada Vukovara 37, 10000 Zagreb
Croatia

Tel: + 385 1 6322 857/6322 225 (secretary)
Fax: + 385 1 6170 478/6322 143
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
INTERNET: www.hep.hr

Mulai langganan: kirim e-mail ke [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Stop langganan: kirim e-mail ke [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Archive ada di http://www.mail-archive.com/envorum@ypb.or.id

Kirim email ke