At 01:08 PM 11/30/2000, you wrote:
>My approach would probably be to minimize the
>contribution of ambient light, so the exposure is
>primarily made by the flash.  I'd go for the highest
>shutter speed you can manage to reduce ambient light
>exposure.  The 28-135 isn't very fast, though, so that
>might limit you a bit.  Stay as close to your subjects
>as possible.

IMHO the downside to that approach is that you end up with the "cave"
effect. My personal style is that I'd rather have properly lit and well
exposed foreground subjects/people in front of a decently lit but
not-color-balanced background than have the same people in front of a dimly
lit mystery background. Just one personal preference.

--
regards,
Henry Posner