> Peter K wrote
> >John is quoting from Canon's poor PR.  He is also an avid Nikon user and
> >supported in part by Nikon so it would not be approriate to speak well of a
> >competitors product.

> have gone with Nikon.  I can also forgive someone for operating equipment in
> accordance with manufactorer instructions and stating the limitations of
> this presents.

        The significant issue is that this article appears to have been written before
the
        release of the 4 IS super-teles which are tripod compatible. I do wonder how
        well his tripod works when he is in a vehicle where the engine has to be kept
        running in case it has to make a quick getaway though - I'd imagine the
        100-400 IS would be perfect for that situation.