If you're saying the negative is clear, it means it wasn't exposed to light.  Is
the negative completely clear, including the numbers along the top and bottom of
the frame?  If so, it would indicate a problem with the processing, rather than
the camera.

Potential camera problems would include:  mirror not moving (the image would not
black out when the picture is taken);  shutter not actually opening; or film not
actually advancing.  Some experiments with slow (1 sec) shutter speeds and no
film in the camera might help narrow it down.  At least you know it isn't a
problem with the lens not stopping down.

Geoff  Doane