Hi:

It was interesting that most of the responses to my
original posting (see below) didn't generally
recommend faster zooms.  Many suggested 28 to 70 or
135 zooms in the 3.5-5.6 type range and maybe one fast
prime.

ORIGINAL POSTING: I'm interested in upgrading from my
28-200 (3.5 to 5.6)lens to a set of TWO to THREE
lenses.  I own two canon elan II's and am interested
in travel and family/personal photography.  My
objectives are to take terrific pictures (both print
and slides) with the occasional (a few a year)
enlargements.  I have no professional aspirations.
Convenience is important

QUESTIONS:

1.  Given my current lens (Tamron 28- 200 3.5/5.6), am
I really stepping up by going to, say a package
consisting of 28-135 IS 3.5/5.6 and 70-200 3.5-4.6 or
100-300 4.5-5.6?  If yes, could someone articulate the
benefits?

2.  New Scenario: What should be my basic package
(maximum TWO lenses) within a $750 budget?  I do not
really need to go beyond 300mm and probably not even
beyond 200mm.  I'm off to Morocco next week so I need
to act fast!

Many thanks for the help - this group is terrific!

Atul