Ken Lin wrote:

> > Hmm, doesn't lacquer based paint melt plastic?
>
> Probably will, but the trick is to spray very, very light coats so the first
> coat of paint dries as it just barely etch into the plastic surface,

Or just get the flat (matte) black model enamel, and don't worry about it.

Julian Loke wrote:

> P.S. I suspect that Canon used rayon flocking and not Dullcote
> in the hood and back of the barrel of the EF 200 f/2.8 L for a
> reason.

No doubt flocking works better, but we're looking for cheap and easy fixes here.
If the inside of a lens hood seems too reflective, a coat or two of flat black
paint would seem worth a try. BTW, I have seven EF lens hoods; the EW-83 II,
EW-63 II, EW-60 II, ET-65 III, and ET-118 II are flocked, and the EW-83B and
ET-83B (for the 200/2.8L) are flockless. Are there now flocked versions of the
two 83Bs? Of the two, the ET-83B (for the 28-70/2L) is smoother and more
reflective.

fcc