>> Julian Loke wrote:
> >Can the CF-19 button start the Image Stabilizer?
> >Will it allow IS during MLU, as Poelking suggested?

> Edward Agnew wrote:
> CF19-5:   If the lens' IS switch already ON, the image stabilizer
> operates only while you press the button ...
> so in answer to your question about the button starting the IS,
> only if you have a 1v as to MLU, The 3 or 1v will not engage
> IS with CF12-1 enabled.  and CF19-5 being set for the 1v does
> not counter this.

Hi Edward,

The wording is a little ambiguous.  I had hoped that CF19=5
would override the MLU setting.  The reason for doing this
is in this frame from Poelking's website:
http://poelking.com/englisch/ScharfeF.htm

FWIW, the Elan 7E also offers CF13=5.  See:
http://skyguys.org/photomedia/cameras/Elan7/Elan7_Flash.html
Unfortunately, I don't have an IS Supertele to test this
feature :-)

Cheers
Julian Loke