Logan Reinwood wrote:
In one week I will leave for 3 weeks of vacations in Alaska with my wife and

my EOS 3+ PB-E1 + 300 2.8 L + 2TC + APO 1.4 TC (sigma) + 28-70 USM L and I
have a few questions:
- Is there any good (pro) shop in Anchorage to process my E6 neg in one day
before I fly back ?
- Is there a shop in Anchorage to by pro-slide films Kodak 100vs, Fuji 100F
& 400F? (So I won't have to handle the film through all the X-Ray detector
in the Airports.  I will stop in NY and probabbly stop at B&H and might buy
film there to be sure?)
- How safe is Alalska ? (to travel with photo gear, to make a hike and let
photo gear in the car (like the heavy 300 2.8)
-for cross-check how much film would you take ?

Logan,

I spent 2.5 weeks in AK last year. Wonderful people.  Very safe place but I
would not leave my stuff unattended.
You can leave you gear in the car but I would leave it in the trunk if you
do. Better safe than sorry.
Make sure you bring warming filters for overcast days. All the airports
allow a handcheck for film.  I would do this even though it is higly
unlikely the film would get harmed going through carryon xray. Whatever you
do, make sure you carry the film with you and not pack it in your checked
luggage. Otherwise, the high powered xrays will fog it.

Peter K