Hi Logan,

> In one week I will leave for 3 weeks of vacations in Alaska with my
> wife and my EOS 3+ PB-E1 + 300 2.8 L + 2TC + APO 1.4 TC (sigma) +
> 28-70 USM L and I have a few questions: - Is there any good (pro) shop
> in Anchorage to process my E6 neg in one day before I fly back ? - Is
> there a shop in Anchorage to by pro-slide films Kodak 100vs, Fuji 100F
> & 400F? (So I won't have to handle the film through all the X-Ray
> detector in the Airports.  I will stop in NY and probabbly stop at B&H
> and might buy film there to be sure?) - How safe is Alalska ? (to
> travel with photo gear, to make a hike and let photo gear in the car
> (like the heavy 300 2.8) -for cross-check how much film would you take

Well, IŽll be in Canada for three weeks in September, so I have the
to make the same decisions like you.

IŽll take my EOS 5 with me, alongside the 2.8/70-200HSM, 17-35HSM,
2xTC and tripod or monopod.

Remember, Alaska (as well as the Canadian Rockies) is Bear country,
so you should take that into consideration.

I think IŽll take at least 2-3 rolls of film per day with me (Sensia
100 and maybe some Velvia and Agfa Scala). That would be some 50
rolls for three weeks. Hope this will be sufficient.

Enjoy your trip! Best regards,

Marco

Marco Kost
Journalist - Text und Bild