A while back I'd mentioned on the List that I was having some dust particle
problems under the front lens element of my 28-135 IS.  I said I was going
to inquire with Canon about cleaning costs and a couple of folks asked that
I pass that information along when I did.  After noticing yet *another*
larger particle had lodged in the lens recently, I finally got around to
calling Canon today.

The Canon service rep (at the Canon Factory Service Center in Irvine,
California) said cleaning the lens would cost $110 if there were no other
problems.  Or, as I figure, about a quarter of the cost of a new 28-135 IS.

I guess too, my question at this point is about how long would it take a
trained technician to perform this service?  It just seems like a lot of
money to blow some dust particles out of a lens.

Gary Russell