It wouldn't surprise me if Canon listed the flash as a mere accessory,
and as such unrepairable (with no repair parts available, that is).

Don't worry, though.  My statement is merely based on cynicism that has
grown in me based on my inability to get Off-Camera Shoe Cord 2 repairs.
I have two or three with cheap plastic foot parts partially broken off
(Canon does not supply any parts for these), and they've turned out to
be rather expensive throw-away accessories -- when damaged -- at $50US a
pop.

Actually (hopefully) a call to Canon will get you in touch with their
parts department and they can supply you a new part.  It would be an
interesting test of availability for you to try.

If that fails, I'd consult your local directory/yellow pages for a
camera repair shop, and if there's a resourceful repair person in  your
area, he/she should be able to do the fix for you from spare parts.

Just a couple of thoughts...  ;-)

Al Ruscelli