----- Original Message -----
From: "dickbo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: Canon EOS 1Ds Price
> Under such a set of conditions the cost of a digital camera spread over 3-5
> years is offset by tax allowances so the pro pays nothing for the gear in
> the end.

This depends on the country, I'm not sure how it works globally. Surely there are
differences.

> I see a good future for us amateurs with analogue imaging equipment and I
> particularly see a low cost conversion future......frankly I can hardly
> wait.

Well, my guess is that there won't come any reasonable priced conversion systems
available for amateurs. Like you pointed in your message, actually price of the
equipment is not relevant for a pro. Therefore conversion is not an option for them.
And for amateurs, I see no technical system in future that could change my EOS 500 N
into digital body. Ordinary SLR and DSLR are so different systems that converting them
is very difficult to do. And about prices, could you believe conversion at, say, 200
USD? This is the same problem like we have with a damaged can, if you have to change
1/10 of the parts after collision, there is no sense to repair the old car as it would
cost the same as new one. And it's a much smaller job to repair a collided E-class
Mercedes than convert the new one into S-class model.

BR

Jaakko Pitkäjärvi
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.pitkajarvi.net