> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> Just want to make sure I understand the concept of full time manual
>> focus properly before I go stripping any gears.  Does this mean that
>> you can manually turn the focus ring to adjust focus even when the
>> lens is set to automatic focus AND you have depressed the shutter
>> button halfway to auto-focus AND are continuing to hold the shutter
>> button halfway down but don't like the exact focus achieved...then you
>> can manually adjust it with the shutter half depressed and go on to
>> take the photo without letting go of the shutter button?
>>
>> Howard
>
> Yes, if the lens is capable of FTM

That includes all the Ring-USM lenses, and the micro-USM lens 50mm f/1.4.
The other micro-USM lenses, and all other lenses with non-USM motors do
not support FTM.

--
Patrice Chiniara
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   http://step.polymtl.ca/~dwarf

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are
crunchy and taste good with ketchup."