Tim Munro wrote:

Okay, I'm sure this has been bandied about before, but with the advent of
the 1Ds maybe it's time to revisit.  The file sizes possible here are big
enough, finally, to match my typical scan, but I'm curious as to what the
markets are actually accepting.

I'm currently shooting all film (Canon 1v), primarily Nature & Travel
photography.  I scan when I need to, but that is time consuming.  I'm
attracted by the convenience of going digital with the 1Ds, but wonder what
impact that will have on the marketability of my
work.........................
--------------------------
Hi Tim,

More and more places are asking for digital files simply because it is
easier for them to work than having to scan an image from scratch. Also
digital output from digital SLRs have no dust to worry about, a major plus
compared to scanning (yes, I know about Digital ICE and Canon's FARE).
Personally, I do no think you are limiting your marketability but it really
depends on where and to whom you are selling your work.  If you are working
with magazines and other publications, they usually want to see an image but
will almost always prefer you send them a high quality digitized images on a
CD for use in the publication.  Since you have a scanner you are fine and
the end result is that you can proivide them with a digital file.

Peter K