Michael Good wrote:

And just to add my own 2 cents..

I've recently been trying to join a stock photography agency.  I had
some great images I thought they'd love.  They looked really sharp on my
monitor.  But bam... The agency came back and said sorry not sharp
enough, out of focus.  I couldn't believe it.  I'd used L glass and IS
but they were hand held.  OK so they look sharp and would probably print
sharp at A4-A3 size but if you look at them at 100% pixel size you can
actually see that they're not that sharp at all.  I was disapointed but
it did bring home a good point.  If you can use a tripod / monopod /
string attached to shoe (very cheap) then do it.  Don't always rely on
IS for commercial work.

Hope that helps a little.

Michael.

Peter Kotsinadelis wrote:

What did you send them to review? Scanned files? JPEGs? This could also
impact perceived sharpness.

They were jpegs straight from a 1DmkII.  What settings in photoshop
should I use to help sharpen them up a bit ?

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act
in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of
them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any
attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may