----- Original Message ----- From: "Henning Wulff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 5:23 PM

(snip)...>>>>Have you've (or anyone else, FTM) tried the 70-300 with a 500D c/u
filter?

I don't have the new 70-300 IS, but I do use the 70-300 DO with a double element closeup lens under exactly the circumstances you describe.

The 100 USM and 60 macros are outstanding, and I use them when possible, but I don't usually carry them on holidays unless I go to places where macro might be one of the main types of photography. The zoom with closeup lens is extremely versatile.

Henning,

Thank you.

Craig