At 05:12 PM 3/8/2006, you wrote:
>...There have been library archive studies that have put a similar short life
>on CD's, and even less on DVDs - the laminate deteriorates.   Obviously again,
>storage conditions make all the difference, just like photographs.

It seems nothing survives the ravishes of time except continual vigilance.

I think the answer to my remote location storage is just to get
more flash cards. For the cost of a backup drive, weight, reliability
and power needs, I could put the money into one or two more
8gb flash cards, which I always know I can use. small, light weight,
robust, and usually reliable.

Wayne