I just today received a Tamron 18-250 lens that is "supposed" to work with Canon EOS cameras. However, when I mount it on my D60, I have no aperture reading, the auto focus will not work, and if I try to take a photo I only get Error ...001.

I know in digital terms the D60 is an antique, but I still like it for a "walkabout" when I don't want to carry the 1Ds. Have there been such radical changes in the more recent Rebel and 30D etc. DSLRs that the latest digital only lenses will not work on the "old" D60? Or did I just get a bad Tamron? It is a used lens from B-H but was given a condition rating of 10, and it does appear as new. I will work the return tomorrow, I'm just wondering if I got a bad lens or if the D60 is not compatible with newer 3rd party lenses.

Thanks for any input.
Steve