> I recently found a Canon 5D on a website for $1149USD. When I called
> for info, they told me that the 5D came in a magnesium body and also
> plastic body. The plastic body was $1149, the magnesium body was
> 2800$.
> Does Canon make a plastic body 5D?
>
> I tried to post this question on the EOS digest, but it didn't appear
>
> for some reason. Post it if you can.
>
> ron levandoski

Ron,

this is bait-and-switch.  They will try to upsell you
with overpriced accessories and extreme shipping
charges.

I fell for a similar thing a few years back.  Fortunately
it was only for a 540 flash,  not a 2k or 3k camera.
They said that the flash came in two versions,  one with
"better" plastic from Japan.

ALWAYS check www.resellerratings.com and bbb.org before
you buy from an unknown camera place.  If it does not
return a low rating (or no rating at all),  stay away.

BTW,  Rhonda almost fell for one of those Brooklyn stores
about two weeks ago.   When I asked her to check out the
store she found out that the place had a score of 0.5
out of 10, and many unresolved complaints on the BBB
website.

Regards,

Lars
--