Oh maybe a few dozen. People bend the pins. sometimes
the boards develop stress cracks and you get R/W
errors usually intermittent. Some CF cards are more
prone to bending than others. I have one that simply
wouldn't seat on my 1ds but it did on my Rebel.
Incidentally, I bought the rebel as-is. It had broken
and bent pins. Took me the better part of a day to
rebuild the card cage with pins from an old palmtop
and a lot of epoxy. Thae cage is soldered on to the
main board and is almost impossible to remove.
Anyway, I believe in leaving the card in there and not
removing it unless I have to. It's my preference.
Javier

Javier

http://www.ultragone.net

www.ultragone.net