On 10/09/07, Javier Perez, discombobulated, unleashed:

>the USB connector is perobably not much better than
>the cf pin grid. But it's a lot easier to fix if the
>thing develops solder cracks. I don't really trust CF
>cards. I do trust the smaller ones though. I think
>thety are called SDs. Adapters are available that let
>you use them in a cf slot. They have a card edge
>connector and I think it's a lot more abusable than
>the CF pin grid. Some day I'd like to upgrade all my
>CFs to the SD with adapters.

Forgive my ignorance here - - I thought the 1Ds has an SD card slot as
well? Why not use that and breathe a sigh of relief? Personally I think
you'll find that CF is the safer bet in the long run, but like someone
said, it's different strokes for different folks ;-)

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__