--- Bill Gillooly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've used 8" floppies (in a CPT word processor), but I've never even
> seen a 12" floppy, though I did write a program using punch cards.
>
> Mr. Bill

Oh my, yes.... sitting at the machine, punching cards, feeding them into the
"tiny" IBM machine in
the carefully air-conditioned room next door, coming back in the morning to see
if your program
had run; debugging the code, starting over..... again, and again, and......
PL/1, Fortran, Cobol.

Gee, life was good :-) 1965, in case anybody wants to know when MY moments of
magic happened.
Jane