If you found a genuine Canon FD/EOS adapter on eBay, then you would have
paid several hundred dollars for it. Otherwise, it probably just has the
Canon name on it.

Here's a link to a picture of the real thing (with some additional
documentation) one on the MIR.com website (top picture) to compare to what
you bought. I'd be very surprised to see one on eBay, although they do show
up from time to time. Interestingly, CPS (or whatever they were called back
then) gave all of them away, they weren't a retail product.

http://tinyurl.com/77ary

Be sure and let us know your results, no matter which it is!

Tom P.