My last two weddings I have noticed some slightly out of focus shots for no reason that I could understand. Using flash, fast enough shutter speed, it just made no sense to me. I use a 1Ds with 24 - 70L lens. Well, in testing today to try to recreate the problem, I finally realized what I have been doing. While adjusting the zoom ring with my left hand, my index finger naturally rests on the bottom of the FOCUS ring. While test shooting today I felt the slight turn of the ridged focus ring with my index finger after the auto focus had already set. So *I* have been causing the focus problem. It is almost impossible for me to use the lens without my finger brushing against that damn focus ring, but I will just have to train myself to STAY AWAY FROM IT. Sure wish Canon would provide some type of lock to prevent accidental manual adjustment of focus.

Steve
living and learning