On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 09:27:32 +0100
Karanbir Singh <mail-li...@karan.org> wrote:

> that would work. There is the whole fundamental issue to then work
> through as to how far the epel branch's can diverge from the fedora
> codebase ? Secondly, could we find a mechanism that takes this model
> and applies it across the board on both sides.

Sure. I would hope that maintainers could come to some common agreement
on patches, etc. I am hard pressed to think of cases where something
wouldn't just be good for both EPEL and CentOS.

> that would also make it easier for this use case : Some of the SIG's
> might end up needing to carry the epel configs, not just the -release
> rpm, but the yum config, enabled already, in their own release files
> to satisfy deps.

So, we can get the maintainers of the epel package out of pkgdb. Is
there a way to get a list of the CentOS maintainers?

kevin