On 01/18/2016 02:23 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
Greetings.

I thought I would send out an email with the plans for epel and ansible
2.0.

Since ansible 2.0 is (to a pretty high degree) compatible with the same
playbooks as 1.9.x, we are going to just update the existing ansible
package rather than create a parallel installable one.

Note that while playbooks should be compatible and require no changes,
if you are using the ansible API, you will need to adjust your
scripts/plugins. See:
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/developing_api.html
(The ansible api is not guaranteed stable between any versions)

To allow for additional testing and folks to check/port their
scripts/plugins we are going to leave the ansible 2.0.0.x packages in
epel-testing for a longer than normal time period. We will send another
notice before the 2.0.0.x version goes to stable. Currently version
2.0.0.2 is available in epel6 and epel7 testing repositories.

Thanks for the heads up and working on this.

FYI - https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/13925 dupe of https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/13681 seems to be a big issue for me that I'd like to see fixed before it goes to stable.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  or...@cora.nwra.com