On Wed, 9 Mar 2016 12:12:53 -0700
Stephen John Smoogen <smo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We did not get quorum for this meeting. I would like to get the
> remaining EPEL Steering Committee members input on the following
> items:
>
> 1. A replacement for Dennis Gilmore's seat.
>  -- I am standing for this seat. If others feel they would do well
> here, we can do an election as needed.
> 2. An emergency fix for Django14. This package is required by a lot of
> different packages in EL-6. There isn't an easy fix here.
>  -a- We remove all django and django required packages from EPEL.

Not a nice option.

>  -b- We re-review Django14 and put it in. However there are 4+
> security problems which can't be fixed without a major version move.
> Because of this , the package may not pass review.

We actually don't need to review it... if it's been retired less than 2
weeks, we can just unretire it. We do need someone(s) to take over
point of contact though.

I guess I could do it, but is anyone else willing first? :)

>  -c- We skip re-review in this case and put the package back in. We do
> so with an explicite end of life of 180 days (or 7.3 if that is
> sooner) with either -a- happening or a python27 is packaged AND a
> django 1.8 AND the packages requiring 1.4 are updated to 1.8.

Yeah, a time limit might be nice, but not sure how long all the various
projects need + how long it will take to bring up a python27 + django1.8

Are any folks willing to work on this?

kevin