Hello,

I've opened the following two pull requests to introduce %py3_check_import to EPEL8 and EPEL7:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/epel-rpm-macros/pull-request/31
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/epel-rpm-macros/pull-request/32

So far, there has been no response. Is there anybody willing to merge them? They are manually tested, as indicated in the comments.

When we introduce new macros to Fedora, I strive to backport them to EPELs if possible, so package maintainers don't need to think "may I use this?" if they desire EPEL compatibility. However, I don't want to merge my own pull requests to epel-rpm-macros (unless they are urgent bug fixes).

A meta question: Should the epel-sig group co-maintain the package?

--
Miro Hrončok