On Dec 19, 2:09 am, Georges Metanomski <zg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Searching wisdom in Wikipedias may only lead to confusion.
>
> Please, have a look at "TIME, AWARENESS AND EVENTS"
> inhttp://findgeorges.com/CORE/A_FOUNDATIONS/a1_time_awareness_and_event...

 "When I perceive a tree I'm not aware of being aware of perceiving a
tree, but I'm aware of "tree", so that the only way of expressing
Awareness would be "Tree"."

Hmm, apparently due to early training, my mind functions differently
from yours. In the third grade AT (Academically Talented**) program, I
was taught to think in multitrack mode, with recursion. Not only do I
see a tree, I am aware of the process of observing the tree, of the
process overlaying that of categorizing the tree as important/relevant
to my situation, if so then why it is relevant, if sufficiently high
priority what are the courses of action which I might take regarding
the tree, all processed in parallel and integrated into a gestalt
awareness of myself and my current situation. This is not to imply
that I must focus entirely upon the tree, but upon the tree in context
to the total environment. As an example, In Heinlein's "Tunnel In the
Sky", the main character goes into the training situation armed only
with a knife because he had deduced from conversation that the
knowledge of his vulnerability would increase his situational
awareness. Once he discovers that there are large carnivores in the
territory, he makes it a point to stay near to climbable trees. This
pays off when he is surprised by a large lionlike carnivore. He had
(while paying attention to the total environment), kept IN MIND the
probability that he would need to go up a tree very quickly, and of
course with the author on his side, he succeeded. He was practicing
multitrack thinking.

Combat troops can attest to the value of situational awareness, and as
I understand what little I see on television regarding modern combat
tactics, leadership training emphasizes the importance of that topic.
In combat situational awareness is enhanced by multiple information
sources designed to present a hierarchy of information giving the
necessary levels of detail without overloading the soldier's attention
mechanisms. A prime example is the training of jet fighter pilots...

** The AT program collected all of the genius grade children from
Shelby County TN into one hotbed of fermenting minds from 1964 to
1968. It was one of Johnson's "great society" programs cancelled by
Nixon. Teacher student ratio was 15-20 students per teacher. Every
imaginable trick of the time was tried out to educate students to
college level 3-4 years sooner than normal schools. A typical
experiment was the packet system of learning, self paced, self
directed, only scoring being performed by teachers. Another was the
teaching of graduate level English language theory to grade schoolers,
including sentence parsing for structural diagrams, reading at high
school then college level, rules of logical reasoning, rhetoric, and
composition.

Lonnie Courtney Clay